We introduced the Lusa earlier this week, now see how to field strip this semi-auto variant.
We didn’t receive a manual with our firearm, including the official procedure with it, here is our disassembly.
- Put firearm on safety
- Remove magazine
- Check chamber is clear
- Un-thread barrel nut
- Remove barrel nut and barrel
- Remove stock pin
- Remove stock
- Remove trigger housing
- Move safety selector to the 12:00 position and remove
- Remove trigger pack from trigger housing
- Remove the retaining pin from receiver
- Remove aluminum plug
- Remove return spring
- Remove bolt assembly
The reassemble, do everything in reverse.
- Part of the safety check is also to ensure the hammer is in the rear cocked position. It will need to be in this position for reassembly as well.
- The trip-lever of the trigger pack has a slim area towards the front of the bottom area of the bolt it has to slide into.
- If the stock pin is having trouble going in, there shouldn’t be a lot of resistance, make sure the trigger pack is all the way forward.This should only require a firm push forward on the stock. With the housing forward, the stock and stock pin should install without difficulty.
- The handguard and grip can be removed with just a screwdriver.
- The firing pin can be removed with a punch, be careful to not damage or lose the roll pin.
Lusa has a PDF available of the firearm disassembled as well as a small gallery of photos.